We are looking for a full time (35 hours/week) Production & Laboratory Technician.
Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 17:00
The job entails working in the laboratory & production suite, ensuring the smooth functionality of the facilities and scientific equipment, to prepare materials and carry out production tasks in accordance with specific instructions.
To be agreed, depending on qualifications and experience.
Pension plus eligible for Private Healthcare & Performance Bonuses on completion of six month probation period.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Laboratory & Production Duties:
- Preparation of laboratory microbiological media and reagents in accordance with documented instructions.
- Use of autoclaves, media preparators and ovens as required.
- Microbiological monitoring of laboratory environment and purified water production.
- Stock maintenance of laboratory & production consumables, chemicals and microbiological media.
- Entering of relevant laboratory & production Quality Control data and information in records.
- Conduct work in accordance with COSHH and/or risk assessments.
- Washing laboratory & production glassware, apparatus & equipment.
- Calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Safe disposal of microbiological and other waste from the laboratory & production suite.
- Removal of general waste from the laboratory suite.
- General house-keeping of the laboratory & production suite, including cleaning and disinfection of work areas and equipment.
- Dispensing of sterile and non-sterile media from preparators using dispensing equipment in the clean production facility.
- Pre-production component and raw material preparation.
- Production of ECHA test kits in accordance with documented instructions.
- Status labelling, moving and storing of materials throughout the production process including loading and emptying of trolleys and autoclaves.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Packing products ready for sale.
- Quality assurance inspection of in process and final product to specified standards.
- Other duties as required and assigned by the relevant Line Manager.
- GCSE level or equivalent
- A level or equivalent
- Science (preferably a biological science)
- HNC or equivalent in science preferred
- Experience of laboratory work, preferably biosciences / microbiological.
- Ability to record results/data accurately and with attention to detail.
- Laboratory skills including use of volumetric & weighing equipment.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Basic computer literacy including MS Word and Excel.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Aseptic technique (preferred; training will be given if necessary)
- Manual dexterity.
- Manual handling.
- Able to work standing at the laboratory bench.
- Able to conduct visual QC tests for small imperfections.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a copy of your CV.
Due to a high level of applicants expected, we will not be able to reply to unsuccessful applicants. No Third Party Canvassers.